In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th at the Merrill-Maguire's



I know you're all going to be shocked that I'm writing... Suzanne is the blogwriter in the family. It's Sunday morning and I'm on call for work today. I'm already awake, but not completely functional yet. I would have gone back to bed when I took the call from my coworker, except that the nerves in my right index finger are hoppin'. I woke up really hungry and decided to try out the new organic toaster pastries we bought recently. I popped one in the toaster and began to gargle (sore throat). My intention was to sit at the computer, enjoy my pastry, and put some pics on the blog before work. When the pastry popped up, I swiftly tapped at the corner to flip it upright so I could put it on my plate. I chose the wrong corner... some sort of sweet sugary sauce had boiled out of the pastry and proceeded to scauld through my fingertip.

The good news is we have a beautiful aloe vera plant which I promptly plucked a piece of and covered my burned finger. The other good news is that it's completely quiet in the house with everyone asleep and I was able to post some new pictures as well as slideshows for our viewers' enjoyment.

Our July 4th weekend has been gorgeous and entirely fulfilling. I was commenting to Suzanne yesterday that I don't remember enjoying a Summer as much as this one. It's one thing to take in the beautiful weather, get outside and play, accomplish summer things. I feel truly blessed at this point in time to be drinking in the moments of my life. I feel joy to my core. It helps to have kids, I think. Everything is new and fresh. Even with war and George Bush, there is a beauty in the world that cannot be seen with the eyes, but felt with our hearts.

So here's a shout out to Mindy & Charissa for a rockin' good time at their barbecue
this weekend. Mindy, the food was AWESOME (and Charissa, too, for throwing together those biscuits). Charissa, I always LOVE your immense library of foreign accents... entirely entertaining for me, even if the kids don't appreciate it. And thanks to the boys for playing football, baseball, soccer with me. I've been itchin' for some sports in my life. Enjoy the pics...



No comments:

 
Site Meter